Social & Environmental Responsibilities
Since the formation of the company in 1998 the same family ethos has applied – an inherent willingness to do the right thing for our dealer network, end users, shareholders, employees and the wider community.
Buckler Boots has an international presence and the Board of Directors is committed to continuing to manage our responsibilities and our Social and Environmental impacts not just at home but abroad.
On this website, you can find our latest Environmental and Social Responsibility Statements. You will also find updates on our latest initiatives to improve our Environmental and Social performance.
Buckler Boots is synonymous with safety and we are passionate about raising awareness of safety in the working environment. Please view our latest Farmers Weekly Safety Campaign as well as our drive to Sling those Hooks!
We know there are always opportunities to do more and we welcome your feedback – please use the feedback section of this website to leave your comments or alternatively email us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Buckler Boots Environmental and Social Commitments
Buckler Boots is committed to raising the bar and improving where it can its Environmental and Social performance. As part of this process, we will aim to engage with our customers, employees and suppliers and the wider community. Here is a summary of some of the positive updates we are working on:
- Green Invoicing – from 1st September 2015 all customer invoices will be emailed in PDF format. We think this will be a positive step towards reducing paper wastage and CO2 emissions. Please contact the Sales Office for further information.
- Recycling of packaging – We will continue to set the standard for reusing and recycling delivery packaging. We will encourage our customers to do likewise. We can all play our bit in helping to reduce wastage.
- Energy and climate change – We will take appropriate steps to help reduce our carbon footprint at home and abroad. Buckler Boots will continue to participate in innovative and sustainable ways to offset our Carbon Footprint – we are currently engaging in a project to plant trees in the local community.
- Wider Community – We will make a positive difference in our communities, work with local partners and support the active involvement of our employees. Our passion is Safety and we will continue our drive to improve awareness of Safety in the working environment. There are too many accidents and fatalities that can be avoided with better awareness.
- Products – We will continue to innovate to raise the bar further in quality and safety of our footwear.
- Supply Chain – We will continue to engage with our Supply Chain to ensure appropriate and decent standards of business activity are adhered to. Buckler Boots will continue to operate with Integrity and expects its suppliers to do the same.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
Christopher Payne, CA
25th June 2015