Goodyear Welted construction an extremely robust method of manufacture where a lockstich sewn welt secures the upper to the inner sole.
- The upper is carefully pulled over a wooden last to remove all stretch from the leather, Many vulcanised boots are not lasted. Lasting gives a better fit over the life of the boot.
- Goodyear welt innersoles are built into the built into the shoe, not slipped in afterwards.
- Goodyear welted boots have a natural cushion filler between the inner sole and outsole. This means greater comfort and fewer aches if you are on your feet alot.
- Goodyear welted boots are built like quality dress shoes, allowing your feet to breathe.
- Goodyear welted boots can be resoled.
Buckler use Teflon® for Buckskinz Work Trousers.
Teflon® fabric protector is a powerful stain fighting system which helps keep fabrics looking newer longer. Liquid spills bead up and roll off, and ground-in stains are released during cleaning.
Buckler use Cordura® for the knee and thigh areas of Buckskinz Work Trousers.
Cordura® is a high-performance fabric resistant to abrasions, tears, and scuffs. It's 2 x more durable than standard nylon, 3 x more durable than polyester and10 x more durable than cotton.
Ortholite® Insoles have anti-odor properties, breathability, moisture wicking, and long-lasting cushioning.
Buckler use cambrelle linings across their boot range.
Cambrelle® linings keep feet cooler in summer and warmer in winter. It breathes, to let air in and moisture out. The lining works like a blotter, absorbing foot perspiration. Dries quickly, resists foot odour and mildew. Soft and cushion-like, for added comfort. Durable and long wearing.
Buckler use Poron in their WorKit Waterproof range.
Poron® Insoles retain "like-new" softness and flexibility, resisting the tendency of other insole materials to bottom out and take a permanent compression set. This results in maximum comfort for the life of the shoe. Poron® insoles form permeable layers that draw water vapor and perspiration away from the foot, helping to keep shoes and feet dry, while reducing foot odor.
Neoprene® resists degradation from sun, ozone and weather. It provides waterproffing, weight saving, insulation and is flexible. It has chemical, abrasion and oil resistance.
Thinsulate Insulation provides 1 to 1.5 times the insulation of duck down, while being much less water-absorbent and much more resistant to crushing.
Buckler use Dintex® in the Buckbootz BBZ7000 Lacer boot
Dintex® membrane has excellent waterproof and breathable properties will keep you dry and comfortable.
When you want breathability as well as safety, you need a leather lined boot from Buckler. We use only real cowhide linings, offering natural comfort and a cool feel that man-made linings just can’t match. In fact, our leather linings exceed the European Water Vapour Permeability Test by a factor of three.
The No.1 Dealer Boot range now comes with a built in shoe horn!
- easy on/easy off
- no heel ‘dig’ when driving/operating foot controls.
- retains full ankle support and close comfort fit for the lifetime of the boots.